Monday, August 9, 2010

Flamingo Card

At work, our group has a good friend nearing retirement who just bought a beach house in North Carolina. Being a group with a slightly odd sense of humor, we decided that an appropriate house-warming gift would be a plastic pink flamingo with seasonal outfits. It is entertaining, I promise. :) My job was to provide the card. I decided that the flamingo from "Life's a Beach" would be very appropriate. I used the square card cut at 5" and the various flamingo layers. The flamingo is embossed with D'vine Swirls and the card is embellished with Jo-Ann's ribbon and rhinestones. The envelope is a bit cobbled together with scraps and a white piece of cardstock cut to fit. My Cricut Create just usually isn't up for making envelopes for what I decide is an appropriate card size.

The card was a hit at work- as my friend opened it she said "I totally need a pink flamingo like this for my yard!" little knowing that that was in the box she was going to open.


No comments: